Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Passed My PMP

It has been awhile since I last posted to the blog and there is a reason for this. Over the past few weeks I have been spending my free time preparing to sit for my Project Management Professional (PMP) exam. This past Monday I completed the exam and passed! I am now a certified Project Management Professional.

In preparing to take the exam I decided to use a book rather than the training/boot camp courses offered by many firms. In addition to reading through the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) book I also purchased a copy of Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book. Between these two sources I was able to feel prepared to take the examination.

When conversing with other individuals with a PMP I found that each of us used a different means to prepare for the exam. Some, like me, used a type of training book, others attended classes, and others used training materials offered through their workplace. So there are many ways to prepare for the exam and it seems that it is best to pick the resources that you feel will best prepare you for the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...