Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Intellectual Capital Ontology

There is overlap between the related fields of knowledge management (KM) and business intelligence (BI) and this overlap frequently causes confusion. I consider business intelligence a form of knowledge management and both BI and KM are practices of intellectual capital.

We hear many terms associated with intellectual capital practices such as text mining, collaboration, data warehousing, big data, etc. In order to better conceptualize how these different intellectual capital practices fit together I constructed an ontology diagram. The diagram below depicts the structure of intellectual capital and identifies how I see these concepts are related.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...