Thursday, June 12, 2014

Top Evaluation Models for Project Management Maturity

In my previous post, I discussed the use of project management maturity models (PMMM) as a means to evaluate an organization's project management practices. The article I referred to in this post provided an evaluation of the top PMMM models. I thought I would share these with you.

Using criteria of alignment with a methodology, scope of the model, level of inclusion in publications, degree of industry independence, clarity of calculations, level of tool independence, longevity, and ease of use, many PMMM frameworks were evaluated. The top five PMMM models are:

  • Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)
  • Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI-DEV)
  • Kerzner Project Management Maturity Model (PMMM)
  • Project, Program, Portfolio Management Maturity Model (P3M3)
  • Maturity Increments IN Controlled Environments (MINCE2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...