Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Think I'm Ready Now

Over the past two years I've been toying with the idea of purchasing an e-reader.  Initially, I was ready to take the leap and purchase the original Nook but by the time this product finally became available Apple announced the launch of the iPad and I ended up purchasing the original iPad (I do not regret this decision).

After using the iPad for about 18 months now, I found it is good at a lot of things but not as an e-reader.  Also, over the summer I purchased several books to read and now am faced with the issue of what to do with these books.  I'll want to refer to these books later but I don't want to store them.  An e-reader would solve this problem.

After convincing myself of the need for an e-reader this summer I then decided to wait to see what Amazon would offer in response to the latest Nook offering.  Yesterday I found out.  The new Kindle Touch is what I was looking for and seems like a good response to the Barnes and Nobel Nook but is it better than the Nook?

Should I buy the Nook or the Kindle?  This will be a difficult decision since I am locking myself in with one vendor by doing so and will be reliant on the availability of titles by the single vendor.  Locking myself in with a single vendor makes this an even scarier decision than I first thought.  Maybe I'm not ready to purchase an e-reader yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...