Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My New Toy

Yesterday I presented a workshop on project portfolio management at our Rochester, Minnesota campus.  I used this workshop opportunity to try out a fancy new tool I came across last month.

Prezi is a different type of presentation software that allows the author to conceptualize the presentation in a non-linear manner and use movement between ideas to emphasize the connections between these ideas.  Rather than constructing one slide at a time, this tool allows the author to create different content frames, create the content objects within the frame and then develop a path through the different objects.  Using this approach, I'm able to conceptualize my presentation in a more organized manner and use motion to emphasize points and connections within the presentation.  Also, since this is a SaaS application and stored on the Prezi server, I'm able to easily share the presentation with others.

My description of this tool may be lacking but you can see how I used it in my workshop presentation or by going to the Prezi site.  The tool is note polished as other presentation software but I really like the new approach to presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...