Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Officially A Paperless Office

Over the past year or so I began migrating away from storing paper copies of documents.  Almost everything I come across or use in my work is in electronic form.  I used a large four drawer file cabinet to store a small set of physical documents.  However, I found that I almost never used the paper in the file cabinet.  So, this past fall I recycled most of the papers and moved a very small amount of papers to my desk drawer.  Since then, my file cabinet has been empty.

Recently I submitted a maintenance request to have my file cabinet removed and this morning someone from our facilities group stopped in and hauled away the cabinet.  I now have more space in my office and the office appears to be brighter.  Somehow the removal of the cabinet makes my migration to a paperless office seem official.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...