Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Advisory Board

Over the past month I recruited and engaged an advisory board for our new Master of Science in Project Management program.  Our board met last week to provide input into the program outcomes and the curriculum.  During this meeting one of my colleagues at the college facilitated a dialog circle to capture the board member's input on the project management profession and our program outcomes.  This proved to be a very effective technique in eliciting input from a group.

I am now in the process of formulating the program outcomes and finalizing the course sequence for the program.  The input from the advisory board proved useful in both validating my design for the program as well as pointing out gaps in my initial design.

Incorporating the advisory board into the program design process adds more work and increased the schedule.  However, the program design will be dramatically improved by integrating all of the perspectives offered by the board.  I am very pleased with the contributions from the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...