Monday, August 20, 2012

iPad Keyboard

As an IT professional and an academic, I typically need to read a lot to stay up-to-date in the field.  This sometimes means reading RSS feeds from blogs and technology news sites.  However, this often means reading technology journals and magazines.  Quite often I come across new information that I will want to be able to refer back to.  For this reason, I use my Evernote account to capture my notes and evaluations of the articles I read.  Using this approach I'm able to include a URL to the original article in my Evernote note and have quick access to my notes through a search of my Evernote notebooks.

I also like to read while away from my desk.  This means I don't use my computer to capture my notes and evaluations of the articles but rather my iPad.  I use Evernote on my iPad to record my notes from the articles.  In the past, I used the iPad on-screen keyboard to type in my notes.  However, this method is slower than a keyboard and results in more errors.  I think I found the solution.

Earlier this month I purchased a new keyboard cover for my iPad.  With the keyboard cover I'm able to quickly open my iPad and use this keyboard to enter my notes.  This new configuration resembles a type of ultranotebook (like Macbook Air) but I'm also easily able to remove the tablet (attached using magnets) from the keyboard and use the iPad in its original form.  Pretty slick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...