Monday, November 11, 2013

New Diagramming Tool - LucidChart

Tonight in my MBA course I'm planning to discuss business processes and their role in information systems design.  During our class we will learn how to develop and read process flow diagrams to map business processes and their interactions with information systems.

In order to practice process flow diagrams our students need to have access to a software tool that supports process flows.  I typically use Microsoft Visio for my process flows but I can't be certain all of the students will have access to this software.  I needed to find equivalent software for the students to use.

This past weekend I found an online software service that offers functionality similar to Visio.  The software is LucidChart (https://www.lucidchart.com/).  While the software may not cover exactly all of the same functions as Visio, it comes pretty close.  I found the software very easy to use and I'm hopefully they will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...