Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cool Photography Tool

I am fascinated by the photographic technique of the tilt-shift lens.  Using this lens the photographer is able to convert a landscape photograph into what appears to be a miniature.  Some example can be found here, here, and here.

Unfortunately, these lenses are well beyond my budget.  However, this same effect can be made to a standard digital image using a Photoshop technique that is still very effective.  For an even more economical tool, I came across a free website that converts images into tilt-shift images.

I can't wait to begin playing around with this new tool to see what I can create.  Once I create a few examples of my own I'll post them on my Flickr photostream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...