Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Required Reading

It has been a busy start of the Fall semester and I'm trying to catch up on some of my reading.  I have several publications I subscribe to and feel compelled to read.  Today I came across a great article discussing some key points to using PowerPoint.  The author introduced some very basic, but critical, tips for effective use of presentations.

While I try to avoid some of the issues identified in the article, I sometimes fall into some of these common errors (like the lack of focus on the essentials).  Articles like this are good reminders for us.  We must remember the purpose of the presentation is to clearly communicate ideas.  If we fail to prepare presentations that promote clear and concise communications, we will be unable to inspire, engage, or simply inform our audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...