Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Use for Evernote

I am a big fan of Evernote.  I tried out this product a few years ago and have been using it diligently ever since.  I use it to track anything that I want to remember later on and I recently found a new use for Evernote.

Last week I began using Evernote to capture my notes from my literature research.  In the past, I used EndNote but found that I ended up looking at Evernote for some information and EndNote for literature research; my information was located in too many places.  In order to consolidate the location for my information I created a new Evernote notebook in my account to keep track of all of these literature references.  When I come across a new source I create a new note for the source, copy the citation and abstract to the note, and then add my own comments to the note.

Using Evernote's search functionality, I will be able to easily find a source based on my notes, citation, or the abstract.  Also, I can also use the tagging function in Evernote to associate keywords or the research topic to my note.  With Evernote, I should be able to mimic the functionality offered by EndNote but have the advantage of conducting search across all of my information; I won't have to search EndNote AND Evernote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...