Friday, April 27, 2012

Evernote for Course Design

Over the summer I will be preparing two course for the Fall semester.  One course will be a redevelopment of our database modeling class and the other course will be a new business intelligence course.  Both courses will integrate our virtual desktop environment in connecting to a SQL Server database.  I'm really looking forward to using this virtual desktop environment in these two classes.

Yesterday I began thinking about what I need to do to prepare for these two courses.  Since I like to keep my notes electronically I opened up Evernote to create a new note for each of the two courses I am beginning to design.  Using the check-box option in Evernote I was able to create a to-do list for all of the tasks I need to complete as I prepare for the course.  Since I'm using an electronic to-do list I'm able to rearrange the list to indicate the proper order for the tasks.  Later on, within the same note, I'll add a table outlining the objectives, assessments, reading assignments for each week in the semester.  Within the same note I can also include links to the online resources I may want to incorporate into the class.

Using this approach, I'm able to have all of my course planning for a given course within one Evernote note and, because of Evernote's syncing approach, I can view and edit my course design and planning from work, home, or my iPad.  If only completing the tasks were as easy as organizing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...