Thursday, December 22, 2011

End of the Semester Reflection

Yesterday I hit the submit button and submitted my final set of grades for the Fall 2011 semester.  Now it is time to reflect on the past semester and try to learn from my experiences.  One of the habits I formed over the years is to immediately summarize the successes and challenges for each of my courses.  I create new notes in my Evernote notebooks so I can review these observations as I prepare for the next semester and the next time I teach the course.

I found these reflections to be beneficial to the continual improvement to my courses.  It is important that I conduct this reflection immediately after my course ends so that I am sure to capture these observations while they are still fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...