Friday, January 13, 2012

BI Overview

This fall I will be developing and teaching a new course offered as part of our undergraduate Computer Information Systems program.  This course, Applications of Business Intelligence, is a part of our new marketing analytics concentration and will include both Marketing and Computer Information Systems students.

As I continue to get caught up on my reading over the semester break I came across a great article providing both a simple and more in-depth introduction to business intelligence (BI) technologies.  I think that, while article may be too detailed to assign to the students as part of the course, it certainly helps me prepare for the course so I can better conceptualize the BI tools and technical environment for my students.

Coming across this article reminded me of one of the great things about teaching a new class; the joy of learning new things.  I look forward to learning more about BI as I prepare for the class and hope I'm able to instill this excitement for learning this subject in my students this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...