Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cut the Line

Over the semester break my wife and I decided to disconnect our home phone.  We looked at how infrequently we used our land line and how infrequently we received calls on this phone and determined we no longer needed to have this additional phone line.  My wife and I and our teenagers all have mobile phones where we receive most of our calls so we felt we were not going to loose much by disconnecting our home phone.

It has been a couple of weeks since we disconnected our home telephone and the transition has been pretty smooth.  I still find myself looking at the table where our answering machine used to be when I enter the house but, otherwise, I haven't missed the home telephone.  I will probably miss it even less next month when I don't receive a bill from the local phone company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...