Friday, January 27, 2012

Customer Service Win

Earlier this week I vented about my experience with poor customer service from a publisher's account representative.  As it turns out, I also had another experience with a different publisher's account representative; this time this experience was very positive.

In my quest for textbooks for a new class I'm teaching this fall (Applications in Business Intelligence) I contacted another account representative for a copy of a textbook that appeared to support the outcomes I'm looking for in this class.  I received an immediate response from the account representative and the representative also suggested two other textbooks that might be a good match for this class.  Yesterday I received the three books and found all three books to offer different but very good coverage of the course topics.  Now I need to further define how I want to teach the course in order to determine which textbook I should use.

My point here is that this time the account representative was in tuned to the purpose of my request rather than responding to an inquiry.  The representative offered excellent customer service by immediately responding to my request and also offering new suggestions of their publications that may meet my course needs.  This is a customer service win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...