Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Instagram User

I know I'm late on discovering this great app but I'm still excited to begin using it.  Earlier this week I downloaded the Instagram app for my iPhone.  I began playing with the app and applying filters to my existing images on the phone.  I am pretty impressed with the functionality in this simple app.

Using Instagram I'm able to take pictures from my iPhone, enhance them, and send them to my Flickr account. This app also has links into other social medias sites but, right now, I'm just using my Flickr account.  I think this will really change how I use Flickr now that I have an easy way to upload pictures.  In the past I needed to connect my digital SLR to my computer, download the pictures, and then upload the pictures to Flickr.  With Instagram I'm now able to simply upload the pictures right from Instagram.

Unfortunately, if Facebook's acquisition of Instagram takes goes through, the future of the product and its integration with other services may be altered.  I'm pretty sure if this occurs Instagram will never integrate with Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...