Thursday, May 31, 2012

Converting Video Files

Over the past week or two I have posted about the different web application I use.  Today I wanted to post about another great web application.  Zamzar is a great web service that allows you to upload a file, determine the format you wish to convert the file to, and have the newly converted file emailed to you.  The service converts image, document, music, video, ebook, and other files.

This service is great when working on projects involving video or audio files where you need the sources in a certain format.  Although I don't use this service often, when I do use it I'm amazed at how well it works and how much the service helped me in my project.  File conversions that would often require additional software to perform the conversion can be carried out through the Zamzar service without downloading or installing software.  One more great thing; there is no need to establish an account to use this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...