Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Projects

We are nearing the end of the traditional academic year.  Next week is finals and then the campus empties for the summer.  While I'm wrapping-up my classes I'm also beginning to think about summer projects.  Since the IT Leadership courses (the graduate program I direct) are offered during the summer semester, I'll be around during the summer.  Without the usual meetings and other events on campus during the summer, it is a good time to take on some extra projects and prepare for the next year.

This summer I'm preparing for a new course in BI that I will be teaching in the fall.  I'm also working on developing an online version of the data modeling course I taught for the past few years.  These two course preparations will take some time but I should also be able to find time to make some improvements to some of my administrative processes as well as starting a new research project.

The Summer semester offers a nice change of pace on campus.  I still have a lot to do but, with the quiet hallways and empty parking lots, I find it to be a very peaceful and productive time.  While I always look forward to the end of the academic year, I also look forward to when the students return to campus.  It is great to have these changes on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skills to Look for in Project Managers

Today I read a brief article describing the eight skills to look for when hiring an IT project manager. The headlines caught my attention...